Warm Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, warm or brought to room temperature
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups local baby lettuces
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced and halved
- 1 container crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped and lightly toasted
In a large bowl, layer the salad greens, cucumber, shredded chicken and goat cheese.
Heat olive oil over high heat in a frying pan until hot. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic. Cook about one minute stirring constantly until garlic just starts to brown. Add cherry tomatoes and stir to coat. As the tomatoes cook, add balsamic vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper. Once the tomatoes are softened (about 3-4 minutes), remove pan from stove and pour over the goat cheese in the bowl.
Toss salad, sprinkle pecans on top and serve.